black & blue background

Friday, January 22, 2010

Jazz

I grew up taking lyrical jazz class from Shaw Dance in Clearfield, UT. I fell in love with it. I loved the blend of traditional jazz and classical ballet. In high school, I excelled in jazz and was given a spot on my high school drill team. 6 years later, I was coaching my own drill team and then soon after I opened this studio.

For me, lyrical jazz has always been the root for my love for dance. Without it, I don't know where I would be. My favorite song in high school was called "I hope you dance". Ever since then, I've made it a personal goal to dance every day.

I have added lyrical jazz back into the schedule because I feel it has an important place here at Blue. Yes, we are primarily a pole studio, but I like to think that all styles of dance can happen under this one roof. This is a place for all dancers and all genres of dance.

Look for lyrical jazz class every Friday @ 6:00pm.

I hope to continue adding new and interesting styles of dance. Dance is evolving and so are we!

No comments:

Post a Comment