black & blue background

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Answer to your questions.


As many of you know, we have sold the Midvale studio to a pair of current students. The new owners are Shae Myers and Aly Jackson. They are very excited to be a part of the the Adult Dance and Fitness family.

I sold the studio to these ladies mainly because the commute was pretty intense. It takes an hour and half each way and it was wearing on my family. I am getting married on December 30th and I have a 5 year old daughter. I want to start off the New Year on the right foot and put my family first :)

I will still own, operate, and teach at the Ogden studio.

Here are a few questions I have run into from current students of the Midvale location:

Q: What will happen to my membership?
A: Your membership will continue as normal at the same great price. All existing members can still attend classes at both studio's until the time that thier membership expires. At that time, you will need to either commit to Ogden or Midvale.

Q: What will the studio be called?
A: Same name, just different owners. Pearl by Adult Dance & Fitness

Q: How will I schedule my classes for the Midvale location?
A: The Midvale location will have a separate website as of December 23rd. You will be able to find a link to this website from the Ogden website and this blog.

Q: Will I ever get over the separation anxiety?
A: Yes! The average students won't know a difference. In fact, the new owners plan to do a remodel and make the classes and the building more functional.

Q: Will the pricing and promotions be the same for both studio's?
A: No. This is not becoming a franchise. They will be two separate studio's and they will have pricing dependent upon the owners and the demand for classes. If you already have a membership, your price will continue at the rate until it expires. At that time, you can repurchase a new membership.

Q: When will the schedules and websites be split?
A: The schedules and websites will be split on December 23rd. Ogden location will be open for classes December 26th-30th. Midvale will be closed for these four days due to the remodel. I know it's a big break, but the Midvale students will greatly benefit from the physical changes that will be made during this time.

I have had dozens of e-mails from students expressing how much they will miss me. I am so flattered that I will be missed. I put alot of my emotions and thoughts into that studio and I am sad to see it go. But if I'm being honest, it will be managed much better than I was able to do it. The new owners are so excited to get to know all of the students and they are very eager to hear your questions, comments, and concerns.

I will always be at our Ogden location. Please come see me every once in a while, and I will make the trip to Midvale often for workshops, classes, and recitals.

If you have questions, send them to danceogden@gmail.com

Thank you for being understanding. These changes are going to be awesome!!!

-Meagan Chapman
Owner

No comments:

Post a Comment