This is the most common question I get, so lets dive into it.
1. Stay away from lotion and oils the day of class! Especially on your hands and legs.
2. Wear shorts if you're comfortable with it. Wearing pants will only make you slide more. The goal is to STICK.
3. Shoes are optional. If you plan on dancing in shoes forever and ever, you'd better start learning with your shoes. They are much harder to dance in if you try to add them into your workout months later. Most students go barefoot.
4. Take off jewelry. Rings tend to scratch our poles.
5. A good sports bra goes a long way. Imagine that you are a mom of three kids and the "girls" aren't what they used to be. Now imagine yourself going upside down in an unsupportive bra. If you can't see the vision , it ends with your boobs on top of your chin :)
6. If you're self conscious of your stomach, wear a form fitting tank top so that your shirt doesn't rise above your head when you go upside down.
This outfit is a NO NO!
These outfits are perfect for your first pole dancing class.
And this outfit is WAY TOO MUCH for your first time :)