black & blue background

Friday, June 8, 2012

How I found dance again. Part 2.

It's me, Meagan! If you missed the first part of this story, click here.

Part 2:

I started teaching at my Aunt Julies studio right away. By the way, her dance studio is called Julie Moffit school of Ballet. I had to relearn how to tap dance, but ballet and jazz came back very easy.

I would like to say that I was a favorite teacher among my students who ranged from ages 6-8 years old. Yes they were very cute, but also very hyper. So I always tried to make class fun. As teachers, we got to pick the theme for each classes recital piece. I picked Halloween for my little tap dancers :) I included lots of screaming, stomping, and really cute choreography.

The parents always told me how much their little girl loved having me for a teacher. I was very flattered. This continued on for a few years until I overheard one of the parents talking about a drill team coaching position at St. Joseph Catholic High School. This was right up my alley! I was a former Roy High drill team dancer and I considered myself to be a good teacher.

I applied the next day, and I got the job!

Let me tell you, teenagers are a whole different ball park. They were so concerned about status, looks, posessions....please!!! But they were beautiful, intelligent, and really talented.

As their coach, I signed them up for state wide competitions (which they had never participated in). They did VERY well and they ended up with a second place state title. This was so awesome!!!

Life was dandy as a part time coach/dance teacher until the day my husband (at the time) decided to take me to Las Vegas for our four year anniversary. That's when life changed forever.

To be continued :)

Thanks for reading all about the French Kiss journey!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading about your journey. I am happy to say that you have helped me find dance again. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome! Isn't amazing how Utah can have one of the highest numbers of children dancers per capita...and then we turn 18 and it's suddenly gone. Very sad. Thankfully, I got to keep going :) I'm so glad you found dance again too!!!

      Delete