black & blue background

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Teacher of the month!

This month, we are recognizing Mckell Barnett.  I still remember the day Mckell started her journey at French Kiss Fitness.  She came in with her roomate at the time named Britney.  At first, I couldn't tell the two apart.  They both wore the same outfits to class and they had similar hair styles :)  As the month's went on, they went in two different directions.  Mckell gravitated towards the aerial silk classes and Britney did very well at the pole.  Both of them kept a blog that talked about their class experience, and it was quite a great read!

Mckell and Britney are now both instructors at the studio.  Here is Mckell's story:

"I'm a left-brained type soul. Logic, numbers, math, science... I never wanted do creative artsy things like all the other girls. Years ago I accepted that it just was not me and embraced my rigid, logical demeanor. This was a truth I accepted until I encountered something that was unlike anything I had ever known: aerial. Little did I know, I was a late bloomer in the creative arts world. Two years ago I stumbled on the aerial arts and it brought out something in me I had never experienced before. Something about being up in the air made me dance and express myself in ways I never thought possible.


During my first year of training I focused on taking as many classes and workshops in as many places as I could. I also took the opportunity to perform whenever I could. The process of creating routines and performing them was an entirely new experience! After my first year of learning, I also started teaching Level 1 and Level 2 silks. Teaching helped me bring others into my invigorating aerial addiction :) The more I learn, the more I realize there is to master. I look forward to all the years ahead of me to enjoy this new creative art that has balanced me for the better."

No comments:

Post a Comment