black & blue background

Sunday, July 22, 2012

An Oldie but a Goodie!

Before watching this video...please read :)

I made this video for the studio 5 years ago when we first started teaching pole. Keep in mind that our pole "vocabulary" was very limited because we were in uncharted territory. Literally. So the moves are easy, but my students and I had so much fun!

At the time, I probably only had about 20 students so I knew everyone by name and I always put all the students in our video's. Once a month, I would go out to dinner with my students, kids were welcome in class, and I knew all the husbands and boyfriends. Overall, it was a very tight knit community.

Now we have thousands visit the studio each year so it's impossible for me to put my personal touch on everything like I used to. It's fun to see this video and go back to memory lane.

The location seen in the video was my first location on Harrison Blvd in Ogden. We didn't have money for wood floors, so we painted the concrete and used barber shop mats for padding. I laugh sometimes when I think of the silly ways I used to teach and the environment that we pole danced in.

Aaaagh, the good old days :) Enjoy!

www.frenchkissfitness.com Pole dancing and aerial silk classes in Ogden and Syracuse Utah.

1 comment:

  1. I remember watching this video right after I left my first two classes at (then) Adult Dance and Fitness. I was so excited to see what I'd be able to do someday! Four years later I am so happy to be part of our crazy family at French Kiss and will always have a place in my heart for the Harrison studio where it all started for me :)-Amanda

    ReplyDelete