black & blue background

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Insecure.

Since the age of 15, I have felt very insecure about my body shape, my hair (which I cut off at any sign of stress), and my freckles. As I grew up, stretch marks, cellulite, pant size, and acne added to my insecurities.

There are only four things in this world that make me forget all of my insecurities:

1. My four year old daughter who thinks I am 100% perfect.


2. My fiance' who builds me up every single day.



3. My circle of friends who have stayed true even through girl drama nonsense and mood swings.


The last blessing is one that I take for granted on a daily basis. It is my ability to dance. Without it, I would have no outlet for stress and I wouldn't be able to express myself. I am constantly moving. When I'm driving, I dance with my tongue...try it!

In all seriousness, I have never felt insecure when it comes to dance. I know I have flaws. But to me, it is beautiful no matter how it looks. I know people feel me when I dance because I feel them when they dance.

I started think of all of this because the new season of "So You Think You Can Dance" starts next week and it always makes me cry when I feel someone so deeply through the television that my emotions get the best of me.

Dance is everything to me and I am so thankful that I get to breath it every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment